Information we collect
We collect and process various types of personal information, including but not limited to:
- Contact information
- Membership information – e.g. status, payment history and preferences re communications
- User generated content – including comments or other information you provide on our website such as forum posts, comments and membership details.
- Usage information: Information about how you use our website, including your IP address, browser type, device information and browsing history on our website.
How we use your information
We use your information for the following purposes:
- Membership Management: to manage membership, process payments and communicate with you about your Membership status.
- Communications: To send newsletters, emails and other updates or requests in relation to our work, organisation, events and services.
- Membership support: to respond to enquiries and issues raised with us.
- Analytics: To analyse website usage, improve our content and services and customize your experience.
Sharing your information
We may share your personal information in the following circumstances
- With service providers: We may share your data with third-part service providers who assist us in operating our website and providing our services.
- Legal requirements: We may disclose your information when required by law or in response to valid legal requests.
- Business transactions: should the HPF be acquired by another organisation or merges or is otherwise sold, your data may be transferred to the new organisation.
- Consent: we shall obtain your consent before sharing your information with third parties for marketing or promotional purposes.
You have the following rights regarding any personal information we hold:
- Access: You can request access to the personal information we hold about you
- Amendment: You may request us to correct inaccurate of incomplete data
- Deletion: you can request the deletion of your personal information, subject to legal and contractual obligations.
- Objection: you may object to the processing of your data for specific purposes
We implement reasonable security measures to protect your personal information from unauthorised access, disclosure, alteration, or destruction. However, no method of data transmission over the internet or electronic storage is entirely secure, and we cannot guarantee absolute security.
Should you have a query or GDPR request regarding your data, please contact the HPF at email@example.com or write to Heat Pump Federation, Saphir House, 5 Jubilee Way, Faversham ME13 8GD.